APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED FOR
UNION CARPENTER APPRENTICE PROGRAM
Click Here for Heavy Highway and Railroad Carpenters
The Carpenters' Joint Apprenticeship Committee of Greater Pennsylvania is accepting applications at the following Training Centers:
Pittsburgh Training Center
- Commercial Carpenter applications are being accepted every Wednesday
(8:00 am - 3:30 pm) year round with classes starting in February, June, and October
- Floor Coverer, Heavy Highway, Mill Cabinet, Millwright, & Pile Driver applications are being accepted every Wednesday (8:00 am – 3:30 pm) November through March with classes starting in June
- Must reside in one of the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Lawrence, Mercer, Venango, Warren, Washington, & Westmoreland (also includes sections of Indiana, McKean, Potter, & Somerset that are closer to Pittsburgh)
- Pile Driver Training applicants from the following counties are also eligible: Brooke, Hancock, Marshall, Monongalia, Ohio, Preston, & Wetzel (WV) and Columbiana & Jefferson (OH)
Duncansville Training Center
- Commercial Carpenter applications are being accepted by appointment only. Please call 814-693-0311 and leave a message. We will get back to you to set up an appointment.
- Must reside in one of the following counties: Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Cameron, Centre, Clearfield, Clinton, Elk, Franklin, Huntingdon, Jefferson, Mifflin (also includes sections of Indiana, McKean, Potter, & Somerset that are closer to Duncansville)
Lebanon Training Center
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 17 years old
- Be a high school graduate or hold a GED certificate
- Those graduating by June are eligible
- Have a valid driver’s license and suitable transportation
- Capable of meeting the physical, mental, and cognitive demands of the Training
- Indicate interest, desire, and willingness to learn
- Be available for full time employment if accepted into the program
- A non-refundable processing fee of $25 (payable by check, cash, money order, debit or credit card) at the time of application
MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AND $25.00 AT TIME OF APPLICATION
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- If accepted, the applicant will be required to pay a portion of the cost of a physical examination by a doctor selected by the Committee (includes testing for substance abuse).
- Because this is a training opportunity, The Joint Apprenticeship Committee and its’ Board of Trustees DO NOT and CANNOT guarantee full time employment. According to the Collective Bargaining Agreements, when employment is available it will be provided by the Greater PA Regional Council of Carpenters.
- The recruitment, selection, and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination because of age, color, race, religion, national origin, sex, qualified disabilities or any other characteristic required by law. The sponsor takes affirmative measures to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and operates the Apprenticeship Program according to Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulation, Part 30 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Regulations of the State of Pennsylvania.
To access our sample test go to Careers & Training > Apprenticeship Program > Sample Test or Click here